Friday, August 9, 2013

Bye, Bye Summer 2013

I Had A Blast!

I LOVE SUMMER VACATION!

I have 2 months to rest, think, reflect, create, have fun, clean, and just breathe.  I'm not a world traveler, so I don't fly to exotic places, but I utilize my time off for doing things that fill my heart with joy.  Every summer is different.  This summer was all about technology.  I've plunged into the blog world.  I'm not an expert and I totally wish I knew more, but I've begun the process.  I'm looking forward to trying out all the new skills, strategies and activities I've learned through blogging with my students and families.  On Tuesday I officially go back to work.  I'm going to miss my summer mornings and my "hot" coffee.  But, I'm also ready to for the school year to start because...


I LOVE TEACHING!

I'm looking forward to meeting my new students who come from all parts of the world.  I get to be their first English teacher in America.  I don't take that privilege lightly.  I know how important first impressions are.

I'm looking forward to seeing light bulbs go on, excitement when a goal is reached, amazement and surprise when goals are exceeded.

I'm looking forward to affecting, igniting, inspiring future destinies and dreams; planting hope...

I'm looking forward to
~persuading a non-reader to love reading,
~a hesitant writer to write better than expected,
~a reluctant L1 speaker to speak to me in English,
~write journals in English,
~complete a directive in English without looking at me like deer in headlights.

When the stresses of the job come crashing over me like an avalanche, I will remember these things I looked forward to, and these will be my driving force.

It is my prayer that this year will be the best one yet.

Wishing you a happy and wonderful 2014 school year!


http://www.uniqueteachingresources.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for the visit. :)