Saturday, January 25, 2014

Recycle Old Calendars


I love calendars.  
I usually go to my local book store and purchase my next year's calendar around October. 
Many people don't purchase calendars anymore.  Our high tech phone devices and tablets provide paper~less organization.  Not me.  I love paper.

At the end of the year, I struggle with throwing away my previous year's calendar.  
It feels as if I'm throwing away the previous year.  So, I cut out the pictures and store them away with my paper collection.   

This year I decided to do something with the pictures.
I created book marks using the thumbnail pictures on the back cover of 2013's calendar.

This is what I did.



Materials


~ Last year's calendar ~


~ Paper Cutter ~ 


~ Double~Stick Tape ~


~ Whole~punch ~ 


~1/4 in. satin ribbon ~ 


~Card Stock Paper ~


Directions



Find thumbnail pictures of the larger calendar on the back cover.


Cut thumbnails either vertically or horizontally.




Adhere the strip of thumbnail pics to card stock paper with double~stick tape.


For vertically alligned thumbnails, leave a small space of cardstock on the top in order to have space to punch the whole without blocking the words.

~

Use the paper cutter to level the edges, be careful with the corner edges.


Punch a whole on the top or on the side with your whole~punch.




Tie a bow or a knot through the whole with satin ribbon.

And, you're done.


This is what it looks like when you turn it over.


So easy.


These will be my valentine gifts for teachers that belong to our Teacher's Encouragement Group at school.  I can't wait to give them out.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for the visit. :)