Sunday, November 2, 2014

This Week's Wows


Celebrating small moments that make a huge difference.  




I found Go Noodle from a post on Edmodo.
It's a site that has fun videos to use as brain breaks.  
I tried it this week with my 7th graders.
I wasn't sure if my kids would like it or if they think it was  too elementary, but they asked for it the next day.  The songs are also filled with vocabulary to help with language.
We will definitely be using this once or twice a week on our long afternoons.  



 Towards the end of the first nine weeks I received 6 new students.  I figured one way I can expose our newbies with some vocabulary they missed was to include some review in our journaling rotation.  I try to keep my journal ideas different, including a variety of different writing formats.  The kids enjoy the foldables, so I created a few foldables for them to work on during the week.
Here are two of the ones I creaed for them.

The Plot
Parts of Speech
Blank Template
Click here to download your free copy. :)

I find I have to keep my journal prompts different and engaging because kids get bored with the same format.  On Monday we're beginning Fifteen Days of Thanks.  Each day the students will be given a word that represents an element in their life.  In their journal they will share thankful thoughts that corresponds with that topic.  The directions are to define the topic, then share reasons why they should be thankful, and share ways they can show their gratitude.  


The days are breathtakingly, gorgeous in Florida during this time of year.  The weather is not scorching, the breeze is almost medicinal, and the sky, well, it leaves you speechless.  Those of us who live here, endure the brutal summers, to enjoy the fall and winter.  





Good Times with my mom, sister and friends . . .


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for the visit. :)