Saturday, May 2, 2015

May's Reflections


Happy Saturday!
. . . and, Happy May!


Linking up with

for May's Currently
Listening:  Quiet Saturday morning ~ My son surprised me with an early Mother's Day gift by visiting me.  He was with me for a week and he left early this morning.  The house is quiet, all that is heard is the humming of the AC.  But, my heart is full.  So thankful.
Loving:  Edu Buncee App  I showed it to my students this week.  They loved it, too.  We have plans to create our own Buncee's after our novel unit.  
Thinking:  It would be so much easier to just keep the colors and class deco I used last year.  The beginning of the school year is so busy, the last think I need to do is re-decorate.  However, it is also so boring to keep the same thing, so I think I'll change my colors to Red, Black, White and Yellow.  We'll see . . .
Wanting:  I was against using technology for independent reading.  I love the feel, the smell, and just the experience of reading an hardbound or paper back.  However, I just read my first e-book.  I gave in and bought one from Amazon and read it on my tablet.  I enjoyed it.  My only negative was that my wrist would fall asleep from holding the tablet in the same position.  Maybe having tablets would spark some reluctant readers to read.  Perhaps having a small group set would be a beginning.  
Let's see how I can make that happen . . .
Needing:  At the beginning of the year I vowed to not allow paper mountains to grow this year.  I've been pretty successful until now.  It's time to start cleaning, purging and organizing.  
Summer 2015:  I'll be visiting Colombia, S.A., home of my husband's family.  We've been married for 28 years and we are finally going to experience his parents' historical tour.  Stoked.


My orchids are still blooming.
I hope I can keep these alive!
Wishing you a fabulous month of May.

7 comments:

  1. Cleaning and purging is good for the soul in my opinion!! I can understand wanting to switch up classroom decor although I have never had my own room to do it. How many days of school do you have left? Happy May!!

    The Sassy Sub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you for stopping by. We have 16 more days left. So excited!!

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way about reading books. It just isn't the same on a tablet or iPad, but it does motivate some students. My kids love listening to Audible books as they read along. Enjoy your trip to Colombia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with using tech for independent reading. I just LOVE turning pages! But...you are right..small groups first..then? We will see! Love the orchids! Wendy 1stgradefireworks 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Enjoy your vacation this summer! That sounds awesome!
    Daisy Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks again for the visit. :)