Sunday, August 2, 2015

Currently - August


Currently for August


 Listening:

I have loud, thunderous thoughts, reminding me of the hundred things I still have to do and I only have one more week to get them done.  Regardless of the mental ambush, even if everything on the list doesn't get marked off, it's going to be ok.

Loving:

I was at Target last week and I stumbled upon the school supplies. I was hesitating because, well you know why, when the stores put out school supplies that means it's almost over.  But, I went anyway and it was to my advantage. I found a $60 Thermal Laminator on sale for only $18.74.  I had to look twice to see if my eyes were not playing tricks on me.  There was only one left and it was waiting for me.  I thought maybe it was so cheap because it was damaged, so I was prepared to take it home, try it out, and return it if it didn't work.  But, lo and behold, it works beautifully.  I'm in love.


Thinking:

I am blessed.  Feeling thankful.

Wanting:

My biggest search each year is for working shoes.  I always seem to buy the wrong ones.  They seem so comfy in the store and then I wear them one full day at school and I already dislike them immensely.  So, here I go again, on my quest for the perfect shoe.  They must be a neutral color, one that matches most things.  They should have a heel, not high, but at least a little.  A little lift has a presence, I think.  I need to be able to walk fast in them and not get blisters.  Last, but not least, they must be cute.  If they're not cute, I won't want to wear them no matter how comfy they are.  It's not easy.

Needing:

Going to bed early on school nights is a must for me.  I'm not the kind of person who can function on less than 8 hours.  I need all of them.  Obviously in the summer you don't need to be alert and ready to go at 7:30 in the morning so it doesn't matter what time you go to bed.  But, you get off your schedule, it's a struggle getting back on.  So, this week I have to get back on the horse.  

B2S RAK

Each year I try to make it a point to personally greet the new teachers on our team. I visit their classrooms, encourage and welcome them to our school.  Last year I made agenda clips with our school colors for each teacher.  This year I didn't have the time to put them together, but if I still have some clips left over I could give them to the new teachers on our team.  I'll have to put that on my list.


Ciao!  

6 comments:

  1. I have the same laminator and LOVE it! It gets a serious workout at the end of August every year. I also need to get back on the school sleep schedule or it will be a rude awakening in a few weeks. Baby steps though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I've been using mine a lot, also. I couldn't be happier. Yes, baby steps concerning sleep. Not easy. Thank you for stopping by and have a great year. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, my thoughts could not be more loud or thunderous as well! Every second I'm thinking about some big/medium/little project that needs to be done before I'm ready for school to start. I put the same thing about needing to go to bed earlier...I'm definitely a night owl.

    Also, I think it is so kind of you that you strive to make new teachers feel supported and welcomed. One of the things I will always remember about my whirlwind of a first year of teaching is all the people who went out of their way to make me feel loved!

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so awesome to see how we're all so alike :) Thank you so much for stopping by. Wishing you a fabulous school year.

      Delete
  3. I also have the same laminator. I'm with you on needing a slight heel! But they need to be comfy... Good luck. I also personally greet the new teachers/staff...because I'm a people person and because I'm our Union Building Rep...so they need to know who to turn to. I agree about the welcoming warmth. They'll love you for it!
    Have a great school year!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. I wish you a fabulous school year, as well. :)

      Delete

Thanks again for the visit. :)